Find a Pro in Lyme, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New Hampshire // Lyme
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Lyme, NH
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lyme, NH. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lyme, NH. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.