Find a Pro in Meriden, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New Hampshire // Meriden
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Meriden, New Hampshire
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Meriden, New Hampshire, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.