Find a Pro in Nashua, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time for services.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New Hampshire // Nashua
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Nashua, New Hampshire
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Nashua, New Hampshire. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Nashua, New Hampshire. Find the perfect contractor for your property today.