Find a Pro in New London, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New Hampshire // New London
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in New London, New Hampshire
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in New London, New Hampshire. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.