Find a Pro in Seabrook, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New Hampshire // Seabrook
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Seabrook, New Hampshire
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Seabrook, New Hampshire. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.