Find a Pro in Union, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Union, NH. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New Hampshire // Union
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Union, NH
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Union, NH, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Union, NH. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home now.