Find a Pro in Jemez Springs, New Mexico
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Jemez Springs, New Mexico. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New Mexico // Jemez Springs
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Jemez Springs, New Mexico
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Jemez Springs, New Mexico. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.