Find a Pro in Laguna, New Mexico
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New Mexico // Laguna
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Laguna, NM
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Laguna, NM. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.