Find a Pro in Mesquite, New Mexico
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Mesquite, New Mexico. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New Mexico // Mesquite
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Mesquite, New Mexico
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Mesquite, New Mexico. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Mesquite, New Mexico. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.