Find a Pro in Pecos, New Mexico
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to book.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New Mexico // Pecos
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Pecos, New Mexico
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Pecos, New Mexico. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Pecos, New Mexico. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.