Find a Pro in White Rock, New Mexico
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in White Rock, New Mexico. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New Mexico // White Rock
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near White Rock, New Mexico
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in White Rock, New Mexico. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.