Find a Pro in Silver Springs, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Nevada // Silver Springs
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Silver Springs, Nevada
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Silver Springs, Nevada. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.