Find a Pro in Athens, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Athens
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Athens, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Athens, New York. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.