Find a Pro in Atlantic Beach, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Atlantic Beach
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Atlantic Beach, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Atlantic Beach, New York. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.