Find a Pro in Avon, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Avon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Avon, New York
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Avon, New York. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.