Find a Pro in Bellerose, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Bellerose, NY. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Bellerose
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Bellerose, NY
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Bellerose, NY. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Bellerose, NY. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house now.