Find a Pro in Bliss, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Bliss, New York. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Bliss
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Bliss, New York
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Bliss, New York. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.