Find a Pro in Burdett, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Burdett
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Burdett, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Burdett, NY. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Burdett, NY. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.