Find a Pro in Camillus, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Camillus
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Camillus, NY
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Camillus, NY, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.