Find a Pro in Cato, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Cato
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Cato, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Cato, NY. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Cato, NY. Get the roofing services you need for your home today.