Find a Pro in Climax, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Climax
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Climax, NY
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Climax, NY. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.