Find a Pro in Cohocton, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Cohocton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Cohocton, New York
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Cohocton, New York. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.