Find a Pro in Dansville, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Dansville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Dansville, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Dansville, New York. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.