Find a Pro in Durham, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Durham
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Durham, New York
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Durham, New York, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Durham, New York. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.