Find a Pro in East Durham, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in East Durham, New York. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // East Durham
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near East Durham, New York
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in East Durham, New York. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.