Find a Pro in East Moriches, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in East Moriches, New York. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // East Moriches
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near East Moriches, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in East Moriches, New York. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.