Find a Pro in Eden, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Eden, New York. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Eden
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Eden, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Eden, New York. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.