Find a Pro in Elizabethtown, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Elizabethtown, New York. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Elizabethtown
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Elizabethtown, New York
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Elizabethtown, New York. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Elizabethtown, New York. Get the roofing services you need for your home now.