Find a Pro in Friendship, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Friendship
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Friendship, NY
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Friendship, NY, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.