Find a Pro in Glen Cove, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Glen Cove, NY. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Glen Cove
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Glen Cove, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Glen Cove, NY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.