Find a Pro in Great Bend, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Great Bend
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Great Bend, NY
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Great Bend, NY. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to find the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.