Find a Pro in Henrietta, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Henrietta
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Henrietta, New York
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Henrietta, New York. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.