Find a Pro in Honeoye Falls, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Honeoye Falls, New York. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Honeoye Falls
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Honeoye Falls, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Honeoye Falls, New York. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our powerful app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Honeoye Falls, New York. Find the perfect contractor for your property today.