Find a Pro in Irvington, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Irvington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Irvington, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Irvington, NY. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.