Find a Pro in Katonah, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Katonah, New York. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Katonah
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Katonah, New York
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Katonah, New York. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.