Find a Pro in Lake Grove, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Lake Grove
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Lake Grove, New York
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lake Grove, New York. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.