Find a Pro in Lancaster, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Lancaster
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Lancaster, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Lancaster, New York. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.