Find a Pro in Le Roy, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Le Roy, New York. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Le Roy
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Le Roy, New York
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Le Roy, New York. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.