Find a Pro in Lockport, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Lockport
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Lockport, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Lockport, NY. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.