Find a Pro in Maspeth, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Maspeth
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Maspeth, NY
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Maspeth, NY, there's no better way to find them. The roofing experts featured on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.