Find a Pro in Niagara Falls, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Niagara Falls
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Niagara Falls, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Niagara Falls, NY. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.