Find a Pro in Oyster Bay, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Oyster Bay
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Oyster Bay, NY
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Oyster Bay, NY. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.