Find a Pro in Pawling, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Pawling, NY. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Pawling
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Pawling, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Pawling, NY. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.