Find a Pro in Peterboro, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Peterboro
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Peterboro, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Peterboro, New York. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Peterboro, New York. Get the roofing services you need for your home right away.