Find a Pro in Philadelphia, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Philadelphia
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Philadelphia, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Philadelphia, NY. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our powerful platform, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Philadelphia, NY. Get the roofing services you need for your property today.