Find a Pro in Randolph, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Randolph
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Randolph, New York
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Randolph, New York. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right professional for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.