Find a Pro in Rockaway Park, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Rockaway Park, NY. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Rockaway Park
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Rockaway Park, NY
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Rockaway Park, NY. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.