Find a Pro in Rome, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Rome
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Rome, NY
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Rome, NY, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.