Find a Pro in Rosedale, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Rosedale, New York. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Rosedale
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Rosedale, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Rosedale, New York. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Rosedale, New York. Find the right contractor for your property right away.