Find a Pro in Sand Lake, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Sand Lake
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Sand Lake, New York
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Sand Lake, New York. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.